You know, I bitch a lot about grad school. And it does often seem to suck up my soul in painful ways, such as when I'm writing my 78th "reading review."
But truly, the people I've met in grad school are just amazing, and I don't know where else I would have met such a collection of strange, intelligent and funny people. Being a recovering shy person, it's such a gift to have so many people I really look forward to seeing. (Plus, several of them are Eagle Scouts, so they can always get us out of tight corners using MacGuyver-esque knots.)
Since I didn't go to meeting today, I just wanted to take time to express gratitude for all that I am fortunate to have, and good friends are at the top of that list.
What I am not fortunate enough to have is a completed paper on some aspect of welfare states. So I'm off to do that. In the odd chance that someone who reads this blog is going to be up late writing, reading or studying, and could bear company in that activity, let me know. There may be some Laurel's Kitchen banana bread in it for you. (As a side note, why does everything in Laurel's Kitchen have wheat germ in it? Salad: wheat germ. Pudding: wheat germ.)
No comments:
Post a Comment