Very little blogging for a while, everyone (all 5 of you, anyway). And all 5 of you know why, too. So listen to some good music, enjoy the sunshine, and I'll post another outraged missive about The Administration in a while...
Hi Grace! You're the one blogger who lists The Unsettling of America as one of her favorite books so I thought I'd give you kudos for that. Wendell Berry ought to be mandatory reading for the masses. Have you ever read Andrew Lytle's essay "The Hind Tit"?
I totally agree. Everyone _should_ have to read The Unsettling of America. Berry is one of my favorite authors: erudite yet approachable, and good in both poetry and prose. Berry also led me directly and indirectly to a number of other authors like Wallace Stegner, Daniel Duane, Wes Jackson, Thomas Berry as well as the work of The Land Institute in Kansas. I'm glad you like the blog, too.
I'm curious as to how Wendell Berry led you to Daniel Duane. The jump between the two is understandable, but, actually, I led you to Daniel Duane, through a random find at the used bookstore the San Francisco library runs at Fort Mason. We went there on a rainy Cinco de Mayo Saturday in 2000 after getting shut down on the parade due to the abovementioned rain. Duane has a new book out in August, incedentally, called *A Mouth Like Yours.*
4 comments:
I hope you're not suggesting that studying for comps is more important than blogging! Good luck, see you on the other side...
Hi Grace! You're the one blogger who lists The Unsettling of America as one of her favorite books so I thought I'd give you kudos for that. Wendell Berry ought to be mandatory reading for the masses. Have you ever read Andrew Lytle's essay "The Hind Tit"?
Anyway, love your blog. Hope you're well.
Benji--
I totally agree. Everyone _should_ have to read The Unsettling of America. Berry is one of my favorite authors: erudite yet approachable, and good in both poetry and prose. Berry also led me directly and indirectly to a number of other authors like Wallace Stegner, Daniel Duane, Wes Jackson, Thomas Berry as well as the work of The Land Institute in Kansas. I'm glad you like the blog, too.
I'm curious as to how Wendell Berry led you to Daniel Duane. The jump between the two is understandable, but, actually, I led you to Daniel Duane, through a random find at the used bookstore the San Francisco library runs at Fort Mason. We went there on a rainy Cinco de Mayo Saturday in 2000 after getting shut down on the parade due to the abovementioned rain. Duane has a new book out in August, incedentally, called *A Mouth Like Yours.*
Post a Comment