Tuesday, July 07, 2009

New Theory: The Entire State of Alaska is a Trailer Park

No, look, I know, it's supposed to be a beautiful place, despite the blackflies and the mosquitoes and the locals. Caribou and salmon and endangered wilderness and wildlife and whatnot.

And yet...Sarah Palin continues to give evidence that what I believe to be true is true, to wit: that it is amazing that no tornadoes have made their Wrath of God-ful way through Alaska yet. After all, we're talking about a family values, conservative Christian whose seventeen year old daughter was [allegedly! don't have your lawyer send me a letter] impregnated under her very own roof. And apparently everyone in Alaska knew about this little family matter before Palin was even selected to be McCain's running mate (oustanding due diligence, there. I imagine the people in charge of investigating her background are now crack analysts at the CIA...but at least they're not gay.)

What a nut.

I was not going to post about this (because why add my voice to the shrieking chorus, etc.) but then she just had to go and say this: "If she were in the White House, she said, the 'department of law' would protect her from baseless ethical allegations.'I think on a national level, your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out,' she said. I particularly like the sotto voce snideness of the next line in the article: "There is no "Department of Law in the White House."

No comments: