So it's no secret that I hold the Republicans in the House and Senate in near-universal contempt. At best, they are pork-rolling blowhards; at worst, they are misogynistic racist hypocritical blowhards. There are several who seem to me to be actually, perhaps certifiably, crazy, and then there's the orange one. Finally, all of them commit the unforgivable sin of being boring (a sin for which their Democratic counterparts must also confess, and do penance, hopefully involving watching their own speeches on the House or Senate floor on a repeating loop for all eternity).
But the Democrats, the fucking Democrats. I loathe the Republicans, but I don't have to vote for them. Great! But I also loathe the Democrats, and I do have to vote for them. Fuck! Democracy in this country seems to have come down to a choice between batshit insanity (seriously, "Creationism"? "Death panels?" "Glenn Beck?") and corporate sellouts. Now that they might start debating the Health Care Reform bill (seriously? again. Didn't everybody already have a chance to get up with some pretty charts and pictures their interns made for them and say crazy shit, like our friend Virginia Foxx from right he-yah in Nor' Carolinah) suddenly there are a bunch of Democrats who see this as a chance to hold the bill hostage in order to loot the treasury for their own state. Mary Landrieu, for instance, has inserted into this monstrosity of a bill language that gives a bunch of money to her state, Louisiana, without actually calling it "Louisiana." Blanche Lincoln from Arkansas has courageously come out against the public option, American Hero that she is.
And Joe Lieberman, I can't even TALK about Joe Lieberman, because there aren't enough drugs in the house to sedate me afterwards. All of these politicians are using a bill which should help tens of millions of their fellow citizens (who are, in fact, human beings who deserve health care as much (or more!) than these assholes in Congress) to do the kind of thing Americans already hate them for--porkbarelling, power-hungry, lobbyist-driven politics. Rather than actually considering what might be for the good of the nation, they are using this for their own personal and political gains.
A plague on both their houses.
No comments:
Post a Comment