Thursday, March 18, 2010

43 Stone? Today in Crazy British Measurements

Do you ever click through on a link and then think, "Why the fuck did I do that to myself?"

No. Probably just me, then.

So I clicked through on a link that said, "Super-sized mother determined to become world's fattest woman" in part--though this is no justification--because it was from the British Daily Mail, and I though, "Aha, maybe the Brits are going to make a run at the Grossly Obese Nation Award." But no. The woman is of course American, though she does hail from New Jersey and not the Traditionally Obese States of the South.

This article is so full of wrongness. For example:

Ms Simpson already holds the Guinness World Record as the world's fattest mother, when she gave birth in 2007 weighing 38stone.

She needed a team of 30 medics to deliver her daughter Jacqueline during a high-risk Caesarean birth.

Just sit there and let the implications of all that filter through. Or don't. Save yourselves! Go on without me! As I, without regard for my mental well-being, continued to scroll down, I thought, "This implies a man" and so it does. Not one man but many men!

You might expect her long-term partner Philippe, 49, to advise her to slim down, but instead he encourages her to eat more.

He met Donna on a dating site for plus-size people and is a self-confessed fat admirer, although he himself only weighs 150lbs.


...
To fund the massive $750 weekly food shop, she runs a website where men pay her to watch her eat fast food.
Hahaha, this woman spends more per week on food than I do per month on rent! Maybe the whole family just lives in her vagina.

Yeah. That was totally gratuitous. I just added my own Ingredient of Wrong to the Stone Soup of Wrong that is this article. I'm going to step away now.

fn. A "stone" = 14 pounds, apparently. Here's a conversion site, if you want to know your weight in medieval units.

No comments: