Friday, November 12, 2004

jesus christ!

Seriously, he has got some explaning to do. A letter from Bob Jones III (the "third" Bob Jones is part of what needs to be explained; surely one was enough):

"In your re-election, God has graciously granted America—though she doesn't deserve it" [ed.: because she's one uppity bitch]"—a reprieve from the agenda of paganism" [ed: which will continue as long as we rev up the Inquisition again]. "You have been given a mandate" [ed: who would have thought there would be so many references to MANdates. Suggestive, for a bunch of homophobes]. "We the people expect your voice to be like the clear and certain sound of a trumpet" [ed: that's not the noise that comes to my mind when I think of Bush's voice]. "Because you seek the Lord daily, we who know the Lord will follow that kind of voice eagerly." [ed: excuse me, but in my Catholic confirmation classes I was told that the Lord doesn't really "follow" any human, no matter how "clear and certain" his voice is. But, as we all know, Catholics aren't "really" Christians.]

"Don't equivocate. Put your agenda on the front burner and let it boil. You owe the liberals nothing. They despise you because they despise your Christ." [ed: too fucking angry to speak...teeth grinding...jaw popping...then something comes to mind...what was it...oh, yes, "Judge not, that ye not also be judged." Who said that again? I think there was something about forgiveness, too, and charity, and love...damn, any minute now I'll think of it...]

No comments: