Thursday, November 11, 2004

specter's head on a platter

or...overturning filibuster rules in the Senate Judiciary. Or both.

NY Times today:
"As they ['conservatives,' a word that will always appear in quotes on this blog from now on] try to keep Mr. Specter, a centrist PA representative who supports abortion rights [not for long! I feel the winds of Jesus blowing toward Mr. Specter] from heading the Senate judiciary committee, they are demanding a steep concession: support for changing a century-old Senate rule that permits judicial nominations to be blocked by filibuster."

Ponder THAT stroke of genius for a while. Go ahead, start pondering...

P.S. If Mr. Near Miss pats me on the head ONE more FUCKING time, he may not be able to produce Little Near Miss-es.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can't believe that Mr. Near Miss pats you on the head!! You should kick him in the *knees*. I'm clearly a dull literary scholar that failed to recognize the double valence of his name before now...