How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
Patton Oswalt, and how I feel about Amsterdam
David Cross and how I feel about protests
I went to almost every protest I could against the Iraq war, and the most dispiriting thing was the chanting. Why the chanting? Are we into mindless repetition? Is this what we, as the crazy leftists, stand for? Hell no, we won't go? Fuck. Maybe it worked forty years ago, when it was fucking new. I'll go, but I'm not going to chant, and I'm not going to say this is what democracy looks like, and so on. I just figure, at least if I am foolish enough to bear live young, I'll tell them, look, kiddos, we did what we could. It wasn't much, and it was kind of pathetic, and everyone wanted us to chant, but you know, we were there. We stood up. Good luck with the global warming, assuming the nuclear apocalypse or the chinese overlords don't get you first. Hand me the Quietus, would you?
1 comment:
sure chanting, i'm not going to defend chanting.
but even though tonight's state of the union was addressed for the first time to "madame" speaker, i'm just not convinced that by putting on a bra and hiding my body hair - by sanitizing myself and making other people more comfortable, i am more likely to be heard. and if someone heard me, what would i be saying?
i also think some parties might be protest and some hootinannies might be peace.
Post a Comment