And all kinds of stuff happens. So the Surgeon General--now that his term is over--has decided to tell the world that the Bush Administration puts ideology over science. Which, you know, some of us already knew, but it's always fine to hear again. I just want to say, though, that it would have been nice if maybe some of these people--Colin Powell, I'm talking to you--had maybe, I don't know, done this five years ago. I'm just sayin.' Disgruntled ex-employees of the EPA, now is the time to tell us how Bush and Laura eat endangered species for lunch, with a helping of baby seal on the side.
The Senate Democrats, emboldened by The Administration's low ratings, and the fact that this is a way to get at Cheney without pissing off their corporate sponors, are trying to cut the funding for Cheney's office. I agree with this tactic. I think, at the very least, we should make Halliburton pay Cheney's office expenses directly. Cut out the middleman, efficiency, fiscal responsibility, etc. etc.
Finally, though, I laughed out loud while watching Michael Moore take Wolf Blitzer to the woodshed the other day. The "report" that CNN did on Moore's movie is so laughably bad, so clearly written by C students from Yale, that I couldn't even watch it. But the second half, where Moore opens fire and demands an apology from CNN and calls them corporate lackeys? I could watch that several more times. It's right there with Jon Stewart's (long may he prosper) appearance on Crossfire.
No comments:
Post a Comment