This was really too good to pass up: the lieutenant governor of South Carolina, who is apparently trying to fill the hiking boots of a certain Mark Sanford, compared poor people to stray animals in a speech the other day. It was awesome. Then he suggested that people receiving public assistance should have to earn their life of luxury: "he said government should take away assistance if those receiving help didn't pass drug tests" and attend PTA meetings.
So I expect that the heads of Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, as grateful recipients of billions of dollars in government assistance, will be lining right up to take those drug tests, no? I mean, we all know that the only people who do drugs in this country are poor people, so I'm sure that all those stockbrokers and CEOs will be pure as the driven snow. And if parents receiving 200 bucks a month in food stamps for their children have to do some kind of community service, well, I can hardly wait to see what's required of people who received (on average) half a million dollars of taxpayer money.
No comments:
Post a Comment