
I have two perceptive and trenchant and witty blog posts in draft form, only needing a little spit and polish...but instead, I'm going to post a picture of Sarah Palin's hand. On which she wrote notes. In order to answer questions--in front of an extremely friendly audience of Teabaggers, who would have cheered if she had said nothing. Actually, she effectively said nothing, and they did cheer. But let's not quibble.
The best part is...well, I can't decide. There's the mocking of Obama for using teleprompters (by the way, I've never understood this meme from the Teabagging Right'ers. I do believe EVERY FUCKING PRESIDENT SINCE WHENEVER TELEPROMPTERS WERE INVENTED has used a teleprompter. I think it has to be that knee-jerk, anti-intellectual reaction: "He thinks he's so smart, but lookit how he has to read his speech on a telly-prompter thingy."). And then there's the fact that what she has written on her hand is: "Energy" "Budget(crossed out) cuts" "Tax" and "Lift American spirits." Are these really things she couldn't have memorized? It's not like she had to refer to some Nash equilibrium proof. It's six words. Six. lousy. words. How hard could it be...never mind.
Oh, and she hasn't ruled out a run against Obama in 2012. Good to know. Though I think she's going to need bigger hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment