Still, have to love the honesty of the Lt. Governor, John Garamendi, who said this to Chris Matthews:
Garamendi: I’ve got some doubt about the value of President Bush coming out here. That…um, how many times did he come out to New York, or to New Orleans? And still, made promises but hasn’t delivered. We have the Terminator out here; Gov. Schwarzeneggar is doing a good job. We’ll see.
Matthews: You think it’s public relations rather than action?
Garamendi: Of course it’s public relations. The actions taking place by the hardworking firefighters and men and women, police are out there on the line, and the community, that’s pulling together to support each other. That’s where the action’s taking place. I know I’m…okay, President Bush comes out; we’ll be polite. But frankly, that’s not the solution. How about sending our National Guard back from Iraq? So that we have those people here to help us?
Later, Pravda--okay, "Fox News"--used this quote to say that the Lt. Gov. (a Democrat, if memory serves) was not supporting our troops in Iraq. I kid you not.
No comments:
Post a Comment