Saturday, February 10, 2007

Sweet Christ-in-whom-I-do-not-believe

The good times are a-rollin' on.

But let's not talk about this unpleasant news reported by those unreliable Brits. Was Anna Nicole killed by an overdose? Did one of her silicone implants implode under the weight of the crazy? And didn't we all love her so, so much because she "didn't give up"? (Actual headline on Yahoo News yesterday).

And then, of course, there are the space diapers worn by deranged former astronauts. We've got our hands full here.

Update: This is a well-written, thoughtful, and terrifying essay. Read it at your own peril.

There are so many times when I think (as I did listening to the "evidence" given to reporters that Iran is supplying Iraqi "insurgents" with weapons) "We are all going to die." The Buddhist-in-my-Head twirls his daisy and says, "This is true." He means it in a cosmic, all-things-are-change-and-death-is-inevitable kind of way, whereas I mean it in a holy-shit-I-can't-believe-these-fuckers-are-willing-to-annihilate-us kind of way, a what-the-fuck-can-they-possibly-be-thinking kind of way, a don't-they-realize-Jesus-isn't-coming-back kind of way.

No comments: